Young children are gifted language learners. Playvolution’s lively and entertaining physical and digital products, which feature the loveable cartoon characters Ben and Bella, use the immersion principle to introduce English to children aged 2 to 6. Your child will dive enthusiastically into Ben and Bella’s colorful, fun, age-appropriate world and learn English the way he/she likes best – actively and playfully. Hundreds of thousands of happy customers agree: the results will amaze you!
Top 4 reasons why you should choose the Ben & Bella English language learning course for your child:
Children are born with the ability to acquire languages quickly and effortlessly. This innate ability diminishes as they grow older.
Harvard University studies confirm that children’s creativity and their aptitude for critical and flexible thinking are greatly enhanced if they learn a second language when they are young.
Scholars of early language acquisition and bilingual education agree that immersion is the best and most successful method for young children to learn a foreign language.
To date, more than 1 million Ben & Bella products have been sold in more than 30 countries.
A Perfect Physical and Digital Product-Mix
The Ben & Bella English language learning course is composed of a wide variety of entertaining products – both physical and digital. All work together in a supportive way to encourage your child’s English learning.
Our year-long English-learning course for young children stars the entertaining cartoon characters, Ben and Bella. Through Ben, your child will be exposed to the sound of native American English, while Bella speaks with a British accent. Below are some examples.
You can use our storybooks as a way of spending time together in Ben & Bella’s English-language world. You can ask your child questions and check if he or she is following the plot. You can use the stories as springboards for other discussions – for example, about people’s behavior and motivations.
Our Augmented Reality Treasure Box app allows children to scan flashcards and other key images in our physical products and to hear their words pronounced correctly. In this way, young children can be their own teacher – testing their knowledge of vocabulary while at the same time having fun!
The expanded, video versions of our storybooks highlight important vocabulary visually and are narrated by a British voice actor. Without any outside assistance, they support your child’s understanding and increase his/her familiarity with the correct rhythm and sound of written English.
Our cartoons are – above all else – animated stories, which children enjoy watching. In each episode, Ben, Bella, and their friends say and repeat key English words while the relevant objects, animals, etc. are depicted onscreen. Once your child starts to watch an episode, he or she will begin to absorb the rhythm and meaning of the English words it contains.
The fact that children love to sing and dance is not the only reason we include choreographed song and dance videos in our program. The lyrics of each of our songs are crafted to teach and re-teach the keywords from our related animated cartoon, and the dance that accompanies each song is designed to physically illustrate those words.
Educational games offer a perfect example of the popularity and effectiveness of hands-on learning. Our games mirror the themes in our other products, reinforcing your child’s acquisition and understanding of important English vocabulary while challenging him/her to improve. We’ve included a full voice-over by Ben and Bella so that children who don’t yet read can easily play the games.
Try the Ben & Bella English language learning course now
A phygital English language learning
experience for children aged 2-6 years
Help your child dive in to learn the English language with a combination of physical and digital content for an exciting learning process. Select from the courses available below:
Course Part 1
Course Part 1
990 / Month
Course Part 1 & 2
Facts and Figures
- Children are born with innate language-acquisition skills. Babies can hear all of the 600 consonants and 200 vowels that make up the world’s languages. Within the first year, their brains begin to focus on the sounds they are exposed to most often.
- Studies by Harvard University have confirmed that children’s creativity and critical-thinking skills and the flexibility of their minds are significantly enhanced if they learn a second language at a young age.
- Scholars of early language acquisition and bilingual education agree that immersion is the best and most successful method for young children to learn a foreign language. Combined with their innate abilities, their enthusiasm for this natural and playful learning method leads to the rapid and successful acquisition of the second language.
- The Ben & Bella program gives young children the opportunity to participate actively in their own learning. It was developed in 2007 with the assistance of the German Institute for Immersive Learning (GIFIL) in Hamburg and the linguist Prof. Dr. Henning Wode of the Christian-Albrechts University in Kiel.
- Our one-year program exposes its young participants to approximately 1,000 English words. By allowing them to simultaneously hear and “see” words enacted in the context of stories, songs, and games, our products enable children to grasp their meaning. Soon after picking up individual English words, they can understand two or three-word phrases and ultimately to repeat entire sentences.
- To date, more than 1 million Ben & Bella products have been sold in more than 30 countries.
Advice for Parents
Showing interest in the Ben & Bella products and in what your child has learned so far will inspire him/her to spend more time in Ben and Bella’s world – and to strive to learn more.
Spending just a few minutes a day encouraging your child’s English learning would make a significant difference. You might watch a song and dance video together, then, after viewing the relevant choreography clips, test your joint knowledge by singing and dancing along as a pair. You could read one of the physical storybooks to your child, using the illustrations and the picture dictionary to reinforce understanding of the story and the meaning of important vocabulary words. You might ask your child if you could look over his/her shoulder while he/she plays a digital game, praising successes, and encouraging further improvements. You could play a memory game with the flashcards, testing each other’s knowledge of individual vocabulary words. Always remember: Even if you don’t speak English well yourself, your involvement and support will help your child to learn.
Try the Demo
Natural Genius of Children
Children possess the greatest learning potential of their lives during their early years throughout preschool and kindergarten. In this period, the brain grows quickly and extensively. Awakening the natural genius of their child is priceless for parents. Throughout the globe, both parents and governments make above-average investments in this sector.
Playvolution provides a product proposition that uncovers the learning potential of children.
Illustration e.g. Physical growth of the brain from birth to adulthood
From birth, the brain grows at a rate of one milligram per minute
Source: The Brain Book by Peter Russell
The Playvolution ecosystem integrates the natural interest of children with language learning in its combination of digital and physical content:
- Hands-on-play with packages of physical content including storybooks, sticker books, and flashcards
- An Augmented Reality app as a gateway to an entertaining video and music platform
- An interactive gaming (test and track) app
- A personalized newsletter tool that delivers reports and activities (arts & crafts, coloring, etc.) to parents
Playvolution offers a one-year language course subscription that includes multiple physical product packages and a fun-filled world of digital content. The effective but effortless learning process for children is hidden in the interaction of both components.
Constant Evaluation of the Learning Process
- Great investment in a child's future
- Transform early learning by merging phygical and digital
Gifted Language Learners’
Young children are like tiny scientists. They listen and observe closely and experiment daily with the world around them through play. Unlike adults, they can mimic new sounds accurately and grasp basic grammar intuitively and do not need to be explicitly taught. They pick up new words and expressions simply from the context in which they are presented. When they are truly engaged in something, learning comes especially easily.
By exposing young children to an English-language environment in ways that engage them, our year-long Ben & Bella language course takes advantage of their natural language-learning skills. Its entertaining products involve them actively and playfully – hence naturally and effectively – in learning the English language. Our program makes learning fun!
A Perfect Physical and Digital Product-Mix
Our year-long English-learning course for young children stars the entertaining cartoon characters, Ben and Bella. Through Ben, your child will be exposed to the sound of native American English, while Bella speaks with a British accent.
Our learning program comprises a series of four themed packages:
- At the Zoo (animal and color vocabulary),
- Going Places (transportation vocabulary),
- Going Shopping (food and toy vocabulary) and
- A Special Day (nature vocabulary).
The packages will be shipped to you according to a fixed schedule.
Each package gives your child access to a wide variety of fun-filled physical and digital offerings, which connect to and support one another. The physical offerings consist of a storybook, 3 related sticker posters, and 30 stickers, 30 flashcards, and 20 coloring templates, which encourage your child’s hands-on learning. The first box also includes an achievement chart and more than 60 stickers to paste onto it, as well as a free download of our Augmented Reality Treasure Box app. Read More
The app allows your child to scan the flashcards and other key images contained in the physical products and hear their words pronounced properly. Its “My Dictionary” function collects all scanned images in an audiovisual dictionary, allowing your child to test his/her knowledge at any time, while its “Print, Colour & Scan” function provides your child with black-and-white coloring templates for hands-on fun. Most importantly, the Augmented Reality app serves as a gateway to each package’s varied and entertaining audio, video, and music program:
- an audiobook version of the physical storybook, read by a professional British voice actor
- an expanded, video version of the book, which visually highlights important vocabulary and is narrated by the same British native speaker
- 3-5 entertaining cartoon videos starring the Ben and Bella characters
- accompanying song videos starring real-life children. As your child watches the cartoons, he/she will begin to absorb the rhythm and meaning of the key English words, which are repeated by the characters. The song videos encourage your child to sing and dance along, having fun while learning vocabulary as well as correct phrasing and pronunciation. Karaoke versions of the songs are also provided, along with complete and step-by-step choreography clips, which stress the songs’ important vocabulary and teach the corresponding gestures, further underlining the words’ meaning. Both the cartoon and the song videos include a subtitle option.
From all the material from all four themed packages, your child can collect what he/she likes best using the Treasure Box app’s “My Favorites” function.
Also included in each themed package is an interactive game app with a test and tracking function. As your child accomplishes each task, the activities get harder. He/she will enjoy meeting the challenge!
As part of our offering, we will send you regular evaluation reports via e-mail. These will give you information about how much your child has learned and what part or parts of the program he/she enjoys best. If applicable, we will offer specific recommendations to help your child improve. With your support and encouragement, your child will make strides that surprise you! Read less
From birth on, children are constantly learning. Thirsty for new knowledge and endlessly curious, they acquire their first language just by being exposed to it – by hearing it and mimicking it and by playing and living in it.
We believe that learning is most successful when it is natural, not forced and that a child’s second or third language can come almost as easily as the first. All Ben & Bella products are based on immersive learning, the proven language-learning method that mimics the way that young children learn their mother tongue. Developed for preschool children with the assistance of the German Institute of Immersive Learning (GIFIL) in Hamburg, our products aim to teach English naturally and playfully, imparting knowledge while at the same time entertaining an energetic and inquisitive young audience.
Accompanied by the cartoon characters Ben and Bella, who are voiced by native English speakers, children hear and see, say, sing, play with and experience English as a complete language environment. See how joy in learning pays off – in just one year!
Colorful, Fun, Age-Appropriate World
The year-long Ben & Bella course features amusing, age-appropriate stories, catchy songs, and entertaining but educational games. These create an exciting English-language environment that your child will wish to return to again and again. The wide variety of content – from cartoon and song-and-dance videos to illustrated books and educational apps – ensures that there is something to interest every child, from the shyest to the most outgoing or active. With their interest and attention ensured, their understanding and knowledge of English will increase.
The loveable cartoon characters Ben and Bella will draw your child effortlessly into their world, which is portrayed in colorful, cheerful, and lively illustrations by the illustrator and educator Peter Paul Halapa. The two friends’ humorous adventures will awaken your child’s curiosity and stimulate him/her to join in!